We can do a lot with our smartphones these days and that extends to monitoring tooth movement, oral health and hygiene, orthodontic appliance care and much more. We’ve adopted dental monitoring: the latest in orthodontic technology, which allows you to have virtual appointments with your orthodontist through your smartphone every 10 days while straightening your teeth.
What is dental monitoring?
Dental monitoring is a tool latest technology compatible with smartphones using a photograph of your teeth during orthodontic treatment; this is uploaded to the application of dental monitoring so that our orthodontist compares the position of your teeth with the plan of treatment.
Dental Monitoring is the ideal solution to maintain optimal control in orthodontic treatment, allowing our orthodontist to monitor the evolution of his treatment from anywhere in the world. The system allows precise control of tooth movement, oral hygiene, care of the devices and much more. The platform promotes the patient-orthodontist relationship by expanding the communication between you and your orthodontist through the Dental Monitoring app.
How does it work?
Dental monitoring works in conjunction with your smartphone and in three simple steps you can set and control the movement of your teeth through this process:
- download the dental monitoring application to your smartphone (compatible with iOS and Android)
- take a photo scan of your teeth with your device turned on,
- send the photo scan and we can evaluate if your teeth are moving as they should.
Once the high definition dental images are captured by the application on your mobile device, they go through a 3D calculation process in which the progress of the treatment is evaluated. If your teeth do not move as they should, we can adapt your aligners; if they are, you can continue as you are without having to go to an appointment.
Benefits of dental monitoring
- You can be anywhere: Orthodontic treatment will not stop you from doing anything. With dental monitoring, while you have your phone and mobile data you can send us the images, you can be anywhere: at home, in the office, on the beach.
- You will see the results faster: by sending us regular photos of your teeth, we can track the progress of your treatment, which means you will get results faster than with the traditional orthodontic treatment approach.
- You can keep in touch more easily: the dental monitoring application means you can keep in touch with us more easily. Instead of having to wait to book an appointment in your busy schedule, if you have any questions or concerns about your treatment, simply take a picture and send it to us through the app. We can evaluate it in real time and let you know what is happening and if we need to see you.
- The dental monitoring application can be used on both iOS and Android
- It is easy to take pictures of your teeth and send them to us through the app