Treatment for a busy lifestyle
We can do a lot with our smartphones these days and that extends to monitoring tooth movement, oral health and hygiene, orthodontic appliance care and much more. We’ve adopted dental monitoring: the latest in orthodontic technology, which allows you to have virtual appointments with your orthodontist through your smartphone every 10 days while straightening your teeth.
What is dental monitoring?
Dental monitoring is orthodontic technology that is compatible with your smartphone. You take photos of your teeth using the software – it gives you instructions to ensure you get it right – then you upload those photos to the application which then sends it through to our clinic. This enables our orthodontist compares to check how your teeth are moving and whether they’re in the position they should be according to your tailored treatment plan.
How does dental monitoring work?
Dental monitoring works in conjunction with your smartphone and in three simple steps you can set and control the movement of your teeth through this process:
- Step 1: Download the dental monitoring application to your smartphone (compatible with iOS and Android)
- Step 2: Take a photo scan of your teeth with your device turned on.
- Step 3: Send the photo scan and we can evaluate if your teeth are moving as they should.
Once the high definition dental images are captured by the dental monitoring app on your smartphone, they go through a 3D calculation process in which the progress of the treatment is evaluated. If your teeth are not moving as they should, we can adapt your aligners; if they are, you can continue as you are without having to come into the clinic for an appointment.
3 benefits of dental monitoring
Dental monitoring is the ideal solution to maintain optimal control in orthodontic treatment, allowing our orthodontist to monitor the evolution of his treatment from anywhere in the world. The system allows precise control of tooth movement, oral hygiene, care of the devices and much more. The platform promotes the patient-orthodontist relationship by expanding the communication between you and our orthodontist.
Other benefits of dental monitoring include:
- Have treatment from anywhere: Orthodontic treatment won’t stop you from doing anything. Dental monitoring means you can go (or stay) anywhere – home, work, the beach. As long as you have your phone and mobile data that enables you to send us images of your teeth when you need to, you can enjoy treatment while enjoying life!
- You will see the results faster: By sending us regular photos of your teeth, we can track the progress of your treatment, which means you will get results faster than with the traditional orthodontic treatment approach.
- You can keep in touch more easily: The dental monitoring application means you can keep in touch with us more easily. Instead of having to wait to book an appointment in your busy schedule, if you have any questions or concerns about your treatment, simply take a picture and send it to us through the app. We can evaluate it in real time and let you know what is happening and if we need to see you.
The dental monitoring application can be used on both iOS and Android. At Embrace Orthodontics, we currently only offer dental monitoring for those patients receiving Invisalign treatment.
Find out more about dental monitoring
Want to find out how dental monitoring could make it easy to fit orthodontic treatment into your lifestyle. Book your FREE Invisalignconsultation at Embrace Orthodontics today.