Invisalign for teens
Technology for your smile has come a long way… now you can straighten your teeth with Invisalign.
Invisalign aligners are made of a smooth, clear plastic that is virtually invisible. Clearly, this changes everything for traditional orthodontic treatment and offers you the flexibility of aligning your teeth without any restrictions so you can keep doing the things you love.
- Your friends will hardly notice you’re straightening your teeth
- You can remove your aligners for eating so you can enjoy all the foods you love without any restrictions
- Your aligners can also be removed for cleaning, so there are no changes to your regular oral hygiene routine
- They won’t affect activities such as sport or playing musical instruments
What’s involved with Invisalign treatment?
- Attachments – small tooth-coloured bumps that are glued on the teeth to help anchor the aligners and help to move your teeth into position. The size, position and quantities vary from patient to patient.
- Elastics – elastic bands are often worn between the arches to act as a relationship between your upper and lower arches to correct the way your bite fits together
- Polishing – sometimes some polishing may be required between the teeth to create additional space or to improve the contact points for your teeth.
- Additional aligners – towards the end of your treatment the orthodontist may require additional aligners to refine the final position of your teeth.
- Retention – once your active treatment is complete and we have achieved your new straight smile we will need to create retainers to hold your teeth in their new positions and prevent them from moving back to their original position.
Finding out if Invisalign is right for you:
As an Invisalign Black Diamond Provider, our specialist orthodontists can treat up to 95% of cases with Invisalign. However, knowing more about how the Invisalign system works will help you decide if Invisalign is the right treatment option for you.
The first step is coming in to see our orthodontists for an initial assessment. We will take photos and x-rays of your teeth and assess whether it is the right time for orthodontic treatment. A discussion about your concerns and treatment options can be had and it helps to look at your photos and x-rays, so you can see what’s going on in your mouth and underneath the gums.
The orthodontist will determine a treatment plan for you to consider and we can discuss with you the appointments, costs and next steps. From there, if you’re ready to start your Invisalign journey, then we can begin with your Invisalign scan which will create a 3D model of your arches.
The orthodontist uses the 3D model to design each of your aligners and he sends it off to Invisalign to manufacture. Once we receive your aligners you will come back in to have your first set fitted. A series of aligners will be provided to you at this appointment and you’re instructed to change these over at home every two weeks.
You will continue to visit our practice every 8-12 weeks to monitor your progress and to receive your next series of aligners.
At the end of your Invisalign treatment, we will make you a set of retainers to hold your final result.
Invisalign is the future of orthodontics. Book a consultation and find out whether Invisalign is a suitable option for you!
Invisalign aligners are a registered medical device, you should always read and follow the label as well as the instructions of your treating orthodontist.